Saturday, December 5, 2009

I have season tickets to a MLB team that cost about $16,000 I usually charge this and pay it off thr

selling tickets to some of the games. Sometimes I profit and sometimes I go to the games. This means I have a great deal of money going in and out of my bank account and back and forth between the credit card. How can this impact me paying taxes both on the state and federal level?



I have season tickets to a MLB team that cost about $16,000 I usually charge this and pay it off through?performing arts



I'm not too sure about the tax implications but if you took to the steroids like most of the players, you would muscle up,be able to work longer,therefore paying your credit card debt faster.



I have season tickets to a MLB team that cost about $16,000 I usually charge this and pay it off through?binoculars opera theater



Any profit would be taxable as ordinary income. Any games you go to are something that you do because you enjoy baseball.
Gains on sales of personal items are taxable as capital gains, while losses on the sale of personal items are not deductible.



You would need to report your gain sales on Schedule D as a STCG.
Keep records of your sales and expenses of sales. You can try to report them on Schedule D as indicated, and pay ordinary income taxes.



It could also be argued that you are in the business of selling these tickets for profit, since you have stated that the reason you sell the tickets is to pay for the games you choose to attend, and in fact your profit allows you to pay for the personal use games. In this case, you report your expenses on Schedule C. You can reduce your profit by any expenses you have such as fees and postage. Your net profit is subject to self-employment taxes. However, it is earned income and could be used for the EIC, Child Tax Credit, or to make contributions to qualified retirement plans.
What you sold the tcket(s) for, less the actual cost of that ticket and the selling costs (listing fees, etc) is taxable income

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd